CPE – Sucralose
“Sucralose” is a one-hour of self-study continuing professional education (CPE) Level-1 module for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTRs).
Upon completion of this module, dietetic professionals will be able to:
- List the characteristics of sucralose that relate to its use as a sweetener and its safety as a food additive.
- Discuss the FDA approval process for sucralose as a food additive
- Explain safe levels of consumption of foods and beverages sweetened with sucralose within the context of the Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) level for sucralose.
- Advise patients and the public on the appropriate use of sucralose based on age, life stage, and health status of the individual.
- Advise patients and the public on the appropriate use of sucralose in packaged food and beverages and in cooking.